I travel a lot for work and I love exploring new places. But travelling for work is usually limited to travelling within Europe and it does not always leave enough time to actually explore the cities / areas I visit thoroughly.
Growing up, we usually went on a 2-week holiday each summer. Alternating between visiting my family in England and camping somewhere in France. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it (I still love England and have moved here for good and I do still love going back to France, although nowadays I rather book a hotel or holiday home than go camping), but it meant the number of countries I explored was fairly limited.
Once I got old enough to travel on my own (or with friends / youth clubs) I started venturing out, but have never done the big gap year backpacking through Asia or Australia or the likes.
But then, it is never too late to start exploring, so I put together my Top 50 Bucket List of places I still want to see. They are in no particular order, just as they popped into my head.
- Northern Lights
- New Orleans
- Barcelona (well, I’ve been last year for work. But I didn’t really see much, so need to come back)
- Hong Kong
- Israel (done, read about it here)
- Las Vegas
- The Great Pyramids
- Go on a Cruise
- Great Wall and Terracotta Army
- Rio de Janeiro
- Copenhagen (see the actual town for once, not just the airport)
- Budapest (done, twice actually)
- Niagara Falls
- another US road trip
- St Petersburg
- Kuala Lumpur
- Buenos Aires
- Abu Dhabi
- Warsaw (other than airport and hotel that is)
- Norwegian Fjords (this obviously could be combined with number 16)
- Taj Mahal
- Grand Canyon
- South Africa / Table Mountain
- San Francisco (done, read all about it here)
- Scotland (well we have been to Glasgow, but nowhere else yet)
- Sydney Opera House
- Iceland with its hot springs and volcanoes
Plenty to see still. So I better start planning.
Since I first published my bucket list, number 9 and 22 were ticked off my list. I made it to number 38, but didn’t really see anything other than hotel, client’s premises and airport. Number 7 was booked for girly weekend away, but was eventually cancelled. As for the others? Bear with me and find out.
I started looking into offers for number 4, but as Mr. T wasn’t quite biting, we settled on number 45 instead.
What is on your bucket list? Tell me.